This is an example page. It’s different from a blog post because it will stay in one place and will show up in your site navigation (in most themes). Most people start with an About page that introduces them to potential site visitors. It might say something like this:
Hi there! I’m a bike messenger by day, aspiring actor by night, and this is my website. I live in Los Angeles, have a great dog named Jack, and I like piña coladas. (And gettin’ caught in the rain.)
…or something like this:
The XYZ Doohickey Company was founded in 1971, and has been providing quality doohickeys to the public ever since. Located in Gotham City, XYZ employs over 2,000 people and does all kinds of awesome things for the Gotham community.
As a new WordPress user, you should go to your dashboard to delete this page and create new pages for your content. Have fun!
🌟 Best of Show
During the first 5 months of the UAF eMakerspace we are hosting a Best of Show competition! Starting in October of 2021 we will announce a new challenge once a month and on the following first Friday of the next month, announce a Best of Show winner for that challenge. Best of Show winners get their work featured as the image for that challenge AND they get to choose from some great prizes.
- Complete the challenge for the month before the due date and share your creation here using the Share Your Creation form at the bottom of this page.
- Be sure to add your UA email and to check the 🌟 Best of Show box.
- Join our email list to get updates on all of the challenges.
- Check your email on the first Friday of the following month to see if you’ve won!
To be eligible to win:
- You must be student, staff, or faculty in the University of Alaska (UA) system.
- We hope to offer more community and K-12 focused events in the future, so please stay in touch!